Monday, November 20, 2006

Chris' Home Movies at College: Equipment



I forgot that I'd first started videoblogging in the fall of 1986, during my first quarter away at school.

Only then I was using an over-the-shoulder VTR with the camera attached by a cable. Editing was linear deck-to-deck with insert capability. And distribution meant dubbing to VHS and putting a tape in the mail (I abandoned that quickly and just brought the tape home at Christmas to show my friends and family.)

I'll be putting up several of these two decade-old videoblog posts in the coming weeks. I've added titles, and cleaned them up a bit in iMovie, because I can.

This first bit is from my only surviving copy on VHS, and it comes at the head of the tape, so the dropouts are pretty rough. I'd considered leaving it out, but I believe it's important to start off with a full disclosure of what. a dork. I was.

Length: 0:47

Flashless? (Click to view.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Deirdre said...

Oh, I'm sure I could have out-dorked you on a number of criteria....

7:53 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dorkalicious!


~Jeff

4:21 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home