Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Living Room Recordings #004: Booth Shot Lincoln



Just got to the point in Sara Vowell's Assassination Vacation where she writes about John Wilkes Booth having expected people would have written songs celebrating his shooting of the despot Abraham Lincoln. I don't think he lived to hear any, but this tune is one of them.

Once again featuring: Stephanie Prausnitz (fiddle), Barbara Hansen (fiddle), and Matt Knoth (guitar). Shot way back in 2000.

With my backlog of video increasing, I'll try for two videos/week through the summer. Could be tough to sustain, but my enthusiasm is high right now; figure I'll ride the wave.

Length: 2:51


Click to view

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott W. said...

Wow! That's beautiful!

5:26 AM PDT  
Blogger Doug said...

That was awesome!!! Love it!

9:54 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home