Saturday, November 25, 2006

Chris' Home Movies at College: Rod



The phases of my life become accentuated as I look back at this snapshot of my freshman year roommate, Rod Gingrich. I wasn't really playing music then, and we didn't have a whole lot else in common. After the first quarter we retreated to our separate spheres (as much as you can living in the same room) and didn't interact much, not until we met up as seniors to collaborate on a video rock opera.

Now, of course, I'd be wanting to make music with him. (Although I can't claim to be as proficient on any of my instruments as he was on guitar at the age of nineteen.)

I believe the pieces performed here are © Rod, so no Creative Commons license on this one.

Visual note: this was shot mostly at nighttime in ambient light on an aging tube camera, so much of it may appear dark and visually indistinct. Especially with a standard Windows monitor. It's more about the audio anyhow.

Length: 5:06

Flashless? (Click to view.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rod is my dad, I am Molly, this is my dad on the movie.

6:56 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous above is my best friend lol

7:59 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home