Monday, March 31, 2008

Dark-Eyed Susanna



Flashless? (Click to view.)

Length: 3:42

Been tweaking this thing for hours in the attempt to disquise my occasionally off key singing and the fact that I recorded it with terrible microphones (the Xacti HD and PowerBook G4 internals, to be precise).

Decided to call it quits, went back and (mostly) de-effected it. The vocal and banjo overdubs remain, but the instrumental break is sans solo.

I used to perform music live, but I'm desperately out of practice.

I'll stand by the song, though. Poor white steamboat worker from the wrong side of the river falls for middle-class mulatto city girl, circa 1861. (Historical language in effect.)

Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to know why a Gen X California Hapa would be writing a song like this in the first place.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home